Color crossfit & Natasha's b-day

A few updates from my last couple weeks of second semester. It has been another crazy 4 months. I met many great people - including people from my own class that I just got to know this semester. There have definitely been some ups and down both personally and academically. The stresses run high around here so not everyone gets along all the time, but we're stuck together on this little island so it always gets worked out. Although my marks have fluctuated from block to block and subject to subject (I can think of one physio test that I still cringe over), I am very proud of the work that I have put in throughout this semester and I couldn't be happier to see it paying off. I will soon be one more stepping stone closer to doing what I've always wanted to do.
 
Our class has definitely become closer which is great because it feels like one big support system. We always joke around that in the lunch room, we will have 15 people crowded around each set of 3 tables instead of spreading out. We are down to 88 people now (from an original 110ish), but we anticipate to pick up a few more from the semester ahead of us. Third semester is infamous for being the toughest and there are estimates from 12 to 20 people who fall back every semester. The rumor mill is always turning though so I guess we will find out for sure in September.
 
I volunteered for a Color Crossfit event last week that was put on by the Women's Association. It was a fundraiser event for a child care centre on Saba. It was such an awesome experience because it was some time away from the books and everyone was there just to have a good time. The runners came to different stations and we showed them how to do exercises and threw color onto them. By the end of the run, everyone was throwing the leftover color onto each other and chasing each other with water guns. Such a blast.
 
My friend Chelsea also planned a surprise birthday party for our friend Natasha last weekend. It was a great time to get together with everyone and eat some good food and have a few drinks and talk about things that weren't related to genetics. Or biochemistry. I think Natasha had a good time and everything seemed to go as planned. It was a lot of fun and a good opportunity to get refreshed.

I am Nova Scotia bound in ONE week!
I am very excited to spend my first night in Hali with Michelle and Dad.
Looking forward to eating at a real life restaurant and shopping at a real life mall.
And Mom's cooking. (and Brian's BBQ... and even Jack's begging)
And FAMJAM! 
And Shawn and I will overlap vacations for one afternoon!
And sending Dan off to his first real job as Mr. MacDonald.
And Laura's bun in the oven!!
The list goes on...
 
Hope you enjoy some pictures!
 
Color Crossfit

2nd semesters!!

Coloring the streets of The Bottom

Shirts are a little colored in

Group outside the coffee house

Me with Polly Pocket aka Bev

Me and Dana
 
Natasha's surprise birthday party!

Lots of pizza and appetizers and sweets

The girls

Me with the birthday girl

Natasha with our very own bartender Phung
This is the same guy who gives me manicures and brings guacamole/cookies to our house
He is a jack of all trades pretty much 

The cupcakes Craig and I made!

Natasha with the boys

Lots of dancing...

Lots of laughs...
 
Roomies minus Ryan

Playing board games
Not sure who's turn it was here but apparently it was pretty funny!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border