Byebye Semester 3

Well, that's a wrap! I survived third semester and a full year on a foreign Caribbean island. It definitely helps my confidence going into 4th semester and for writing the exit exam and the USMLE Step 1. Unfortunately, it looks like we will be down 13 people from our class so I am counting my lucky stars one extra time. We all worked so hard and it never feels good to see someone encounter a roadblock along this journey.

This time of year, I am especially thankful for all the people I have met here on Saba and for all the support I receive from back home.

A little bit about my Saba family...
Sara has one of the kindest souls I've ever met and she motivates me to hold myself to that standard.
Bev shows me how to stand up for myself and my opinions.
Ryan has been a great comic relief on study breaks.
I've enjoyed many days of nails and baking with Phung.
I can always count of Chelsea whether it is a social commitment or a group project. 
Natasha is always at the perfect level to put my head on.
Dr. W has pushed me and supported me since first semester and I attribute part of my success here to her. And so many other amazing teachers like Dr. P and Dr. A.
Jackie, Andrey, and Vicki are all inspiring people not only for their deans-list-level brains, but also for their humble and modest natures.
The "piano house boys" and the rest of that crew are always a good group to sit and have a drink with.
I can always turn around in my chair to gossip with Dana and Michelle.
Little Jane is a true professional and she gives the best hugs.
I got lucky being assigned with Sana as my upper classman mentor.
And, of course, it has been so great to have a piece of home here with Craig. He has been the best friend and study partner and has tolerated me in every possible mood, 16 hours a day, 7 days a week since day one here.
There are so many others that I have sat with and talked with about our past, our plans, and our experience here and that has been very meaningful to me. I could literally go on for days.
12 months ago, I had a hard time picturing my life on Saba with these people I had never met. I didn't even begin to imagine how attached I would become to you all and how much richer my life would be with you in it.

As for my family and friends in Canada, I think of you very often and miss you all dearly. I love you for supporting my crazy dreams and wishing the best for me. I will be seeing you all very soon.

It has been a memorable run thus far and I hope it continues to be in the new year. I couldn't have picked a better group of people to be inspired by, to run to, to laugh with, and to learn with.
Happy Holidays!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border