Olympic & Birthday Celebrations


Although block 2 was both better and worse than I expected, we had a great afternoon when it was all said and done. We went down to Tropics for our friend John’s birthday. He is always so good to us so I am glad there was a good turnout and we all had cake and pina coladas. I played with my friend Mark’s 2 year old and I was tired after about 10 minutes. I told my mom this story and she said that it sounded like I could go and be a doctor but I couldn’t be a mom. Unfortunately this is the sad truth of my life right now. I don’t know how you all do it.


Probably the best part of having a group of friends that is a Canadian/American mix is when the Olympics or another big game is on. And it is even better when we win!! What a great game. Apparently there were only about 30 people (out of 80) in class on Friday afternoon after we all left to go watch. We were invited to the American boys house for the semi’s but we figured we wouldn’t be invited back for the final after that… ;)

Some die hard Canadian fans

Boooo USA

Americans singing their anthem

My girls




Big win!!!

We had an amazing supper at Shearwater for Farah’s birthday on Friday night. The view there is unbelievable and the food is great. I ordered the shrimp linguine and a pina colada (of course) and then I let Ayaz choose a beer for me out of their hundreds of types from all over the world.







Took over the dining room

Birthday girl with the boys




Double decker cake... the standards have been raised.

Bev and I cooked for the Global Health Fair on Saturday which turned out to be another great event planned by some people in our class. The idea was to make 50 small servings of a meal that is both healthy and cheap. We made whole wheat penne with ground turkey and grilled vegetables with olive oil and spices as the sauce. It rained on and off but that didn't stop anyone from serving up some delicious homemade food!



Sunday was the birthday of my favourite Polly Pocket Bev so we planned a surprise birthday brunch at her house café-style. Natasha made up menu’s and played café music and the girls brought French toast and pancakes and other breakfast foods. I made mini oreo cheesecakes and Little Jane brought an amazing cake. 
More and more I feel like we have really developed a core girl group of friends. These events run flawlessly because we have our dynamic down so well and everyone actually gets along most of the time. There is no way to understand this life until you really live it and we all get that in a way that no one else can. We always try to make birthdays special to make sure no one feels far away from loved ones. Love you all!

Menu


3-0 win to make for the perfect morning












View of Windward from dropping Chelsea off

Nice little walk with my boys on a beautiful day


Our medical trip to Peru fell through recently so I'm disappointed about that but I am trying to figure out a different trip now that I had my heart set on an adventure...

I will try to update again before another entire block goes by!
- Kimberly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border