Birthdays & Saba's Amazing Race

We had the opportunity to act as standardized patients for the 5th semester's CSA's during this block which was fun and a good way to learn for ours. The students had to interview and examine us and make their diagnoses. We were either single moms with peptic ulcers or stock brokers with heart attacks. It was interesting to listen to the thought processes of the students as they were going through each step of the process.

We just wrote block 4 exams but there is not a whole lot to report there. Some were better than others as it usually goes. It is such a balancing act. I finally did better on pharm than path but it was at the expense of the path mark that I was so happy with.

After our exams, we went to eat some local wahoo fish and chips at Seawitch which was delicious. Then we headed down to the "Piano House" for some drinks. It may have been our last party there as they are moving out after this semester. Lots of great times there.

We attempted a "surprise" birthday potluck for our friends Jackie and Jane but it wasn't actually a surprise. Lots of food (as always) including a delicious blueberry cake. Sara and I made pasta salad and chocolate cheesecake cupcakes to bring. Always fun to do something special for two girls who are so sweet.







Birthday girls laughing after trying to do the "asian pose"


Jackie + Jane = J squared





I was recruited as the "official photographer" for Saba's Amazing Race that was put on by the WMSA. The teams had to run around and do challenges at different stations as a fundraiser. It was a great event and I had Sara and Bev walk around with me which was a bonus.





4ths!

Winners


We went out to Eden for supper for Chelsea's birthday last night. It is supposed to be one of the nicest restaurants on the island but it was my first time there. I had the foie gras and white asparagus soup.



Farah and Che. The class's cutest couple right here. 



Foie gras

Pie & tiramisu


I bought sweet potatoes from the local organic farm to make sweet potato fries and some fresh buns from the bakery the other day to make sloppy joes. The farmers were super nice and threw in what I thought were going to be white sweet potatoes but then it turned out that there were purple once they were cooked. So that was unexpected. But they tasted great in the oven with a little bit of spice. We have also been making panzerottis with homemade dough and I swear they get bigger every time. And for something sweet I made homemade "skinny" ice cream but it wasn't very skinny because I used the full fat version of all the ingredients...




I have been off of the exercising bandwagon recently but Craig and I did go for a short hike along the Crispeen trail. It is through the rainforest that we have here so it is filled with vines and lizards and banana trees.


We hitchhike all over the island, especially when Ryan has a late class, and we often ride in the back of pick up trucks. I have been meaning to take a picture of it because I want to document all the day-to-day things that I don't want to forget about this place.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border