Eurotrip Part 4: PARIS

Need I say more? Because really...



Paris was the city that I had the highest hopes for. It is a city that I (and many others) dream about for years and fall in love with before ever arriving. And I must say, it did not disappoint. It had great food, culture, architecture, romance, and old world charm. It really did look like a postcard.

We did a bus tour of the city on our first morning before they set us free to roam and as I could see the Eiffel Tower in the distance, I had to make myself not look at it because I was too excited. When we were getting close, our Tour Manager, Matt, was going through some WWII history and getting us to count the windows of some big building to our left and of course I took it very seriously until he said “just kidding, I just wanted to distract you from what is on your right.” And when we turned – there it was. In all its glory. We had driven into the perfect view of it. You could hear people ooh and ahhing just as we pulled over to get off the bus and go play in the field in front of it. Once we were out and walking around, I realized that the other buildings were just as beautiful. It poured down rain for a lot of the time we were there but it didn’t discourage our adventuring. Notable sights were Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral, Le Lourve (big thanks to The DaVinci Code for making me fully appreciate this one), Jardin des Tuileries, Arc de Triomphe, and Les Champs d’Elysees.

For breakfasts, lunches, and snacks I binged on croissants, baguettes, cheese, escargot, wine, and champagne. Our 2 sit-down fancy meals were for suppers and I had duck both times. 

Another thing I loved about Paris that reminded me a lot of NYC was the vendors. They sold souvenirs and paintings and my favourite: Eiffel Towers.  It was so much fun bargaining with them for the best deal. I had saved my souvenir shopping for Paris so it worked out perfectly for me.



Moulin Rouge!!

South Africa

Me and Carley

We went to a show called La Nouvelle Eve (right up my alley) and the dancing was so classic which was fitting for the birthplace of cabaret
Couldn't take pictures but this is the stage beforehand!

Arc de Triomphe

Eiffel Tower! A bit excited



Les Champs d’Elysees

Went to a perfumery... apparently it's a thing because it was jam packed in there

Paris SWAT team out in full force due to protestors

Baguettes, cheese, wine, expresso, creme brûlée, chocolate mousse...


Notre Dame de Paris!

Even more beautiful when you walk all the way around

Lock Bridge



Le Louvre!

Imagined seeing these pyramids in person for years

Jardin des Tuileries

Clearly I ate a balanced diet...

Champagne!

Escargot, duck, and chocolate

 

Why would we be served a cheese plate between our main dish and dessert?
I have no sweet clue.

French dinner with some Aussies, a South African, and a Canadian

The tables




Our last night together!

Me and the doc

I will be seeing you girls again in Australia someday!

So much love

Had the time of my life with you

Back of the bus :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border