Back to the old stomping grounds

I am slowly getting climatized. Even the warmest days have a refreshing breeze in the air that keeps you from feeling like you are melting. But it seems like I am always at least kind of cold. I am attempting to revamp my wardrobe for the weather. I started wearing pants again and I bought a fall jacket. Dad, Michelle, and I did a shopping trip to Halifax. We bought the entire fall line out of Dynamite and had an incredible meal at The Keg. I sipped on a Caesar – you don’t see many of those outside Canada.


I have a phone again. And I’m getting re-acquainted with driving on roads that have stoplights and speed limits. I am enjoying curling up on in front of the TV with a blanket and tea again and buying fresh vegetables any day of the week. I am happy to be close enough for Mom to send cinnamon rolls and only a 7-minute drive to a decent gym.

I am all settled into my home away from home at Craig’s house. We are getting back into a routine – despite the distractions. We have delicious suppers with Craig’s family and friends and I go into town to see Michelle quite a bit. We had waffles from the food truck one day and she came out to the house a couple of times. We were in the pool quite a bit for the first 2 weeks because the water was a beautiful 29 degrees. I’ve also been enjoying just walking around the yard with Craig picking beans out of the garden and peaches from the orchard. And playing lawn games.


I took a 2 week break between the exit exam on Saba and starting studying again which included our St Maarten trip then lots of family time once I was home. Weddings and babies were the main event. The food was pretty great too. And I bought my very first brand new car!

I had a great 25th birthday. Craig’s parents made an awesome chicken supper with a delicious cake the night before. And then Mom and Brian came up for the afternoon to take us out to Boston Pizza and have some ice cream cake. Craig took me to lunch a few days later at the Brownstone Café in town where I ate the Mexican burger and a chocolate éclair the size of my face. I also didn’t do any studying ALL day. What a treat.

 

Pictures from our time in Cheticamp for Ashley & Andrew's wedding:









Things are going well here but we are looking forward to not having to study for a while after these 2 months.

Until next time… or you can find me in the world’s greatest college town.

- Kimberly


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border