Fall in Nova Scotia

"How is studying going?" 
It's about the only relevant question there is to ask me these days.
We are entering crunch time now. 3 weeks.
Our exam in Halifax was cancelled (or should I say, severely postponed) so we decided to re-book for a similar day in Bangor, Maine.

We are keeping busy with our work but taking more time to refresh than we did when we were back on Saba. I have done Zumba and Craig has gone golfing. We went to a StFX basketball game (reminded me of my X Dance Team days) and we had an awesome lobster/mussel supper recently. And even when I just need a short break, I am fortunate enough to have friends to chat with or Michelle in town to grab lunch with. I think that when I look back on this chapter of my life that I will remember who was there with me (in person or electronically) to make each day a little less of a struggle.

Now for some pictures...

It's birthday season!


Out for a run on the lake

We took a Thursday afternoon and evening off to drive up to Cape George. We visited the lighthouse and the wharf there and did a hike up through the trails. The view turned out to be amazing. We went to Pizza Delight after and apparently it is half price appetizers there so we went a little crazy on those.

 




Card games and boot beers

Chris & Jen's wedding
Had a blast dancing and re-connecting with old friends.
A lot has changed since our high school group has all been together so it is amazing to me how much everyone is still the same. It all feels so familiar. 
And a wedding wouldn't be a wedding without a little drama, right?

Sydney Harbour at night

Went for a stroll around StFX campus.
So nostalgic. I have so many great memories from here.


There is a trail behind Craig's house that we walk around when we are in need of a quick break. It is beautiful with all the fall colors and Craig even helped out with the photos by shaking some leaves out of the trees.
Thanksgiving!




I have so much to be thankful for this ThanksgivingI am thankful for my health and for the health of those around me. I am thankful for the family and friends who make up my support system. I am thankful for the opportunity to learn the art and science of medicine. I am thankful for the financial support that has allowed me to pursue my dream career. I am thankful for the opportunity to have seen parts of this world that have left me breathless. And to be able to come home again. I am thankful to be loved (and more importantly, feel loved) unconditionally.

And I will sign off with a little inspiration for anyone who needs it. Xo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border