Life after the Step 1


I come to you with an update about that 8-hour marathon that they call the USMLE Step 1. I considered going into detail about how that all went but the only truly important thing is that 
I PASSED!!

This is us pretty excited after the exam.
We treated ourselves with a bottle of bubbly and a big greasy meal down at the hotel bar.
So these days, Craig is in Cape Breton with me and we are writing our RLRA - more commonly referred to as "that paper I have to do."

Although we are working throughout the day, we have been enjoying some of our free time by going to Eagles games, the YMCA, the movie theatre, C200 for skating, the Old Triangle, Don Cherry's, and other establishments. You know, normal people stuff. And we went to see A Christmas Carol (the musical adaptation by my former fellow dancer, Wesley Colford) last night!


Update on the timbit story:
If you didn't see it or don't remember it from Facebook, here it is again:

"Craig and I were studying on StFX campus when a woman comes into our study room and tells us a story. She lost her wallet 2 weeks ago and just had it returned to her so she wanted to pay forward some kindness. We turned out to be the recipients of that and now we have free coffee and timbits!!"

So for those of you who are interested in how I decided to pay it forward, here it is:
1- Gathered together all my old clothes to give away to appreciative young families. It is always nice to hear (secondhand) when my clothes get another life.
2- Brought my old prom dresses to Sister Shirley. I hope she will find a young girl (or girls) who will love them as I did.
3- Gave blood. (And received my 10-time donor pin!) Do it.
4- Bought a "food bank basket" that Sobey's had put together.
5- Wrote a letter of appreciation to the police department and Officer who helped us during our auto collision in Maine. (This one is still in progress)


Some fall pictures


Out to watch StFX rowing on this beautiful day

Carving pumpkins 

Donair waffles with Michelle... can't beat it.

We managed to have a little bit of fun in Bangor, Maine despite the series of unfortunate events that followed us. A foot of snow landed on our travel day down there so all the local businesses (including gas stations) lost power and the roads were littered with trees, power lines, and car accidents - including mine. 

You may wondering what there is to do in Bangor... and the answer to that is see the Paul Bunyan statue! And that's about it.



Oh, they have a boardwalk too.

Back in Sydney...
Trio with Laura

Blurry picture from meeting up with Stephy before she left for Montreal

My dinky little rental. Aint she cute?

I also got my hair done by another fellow dancer Natalie Lewis! Needed a little blonde back in my life... might as well change it up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border