Family Medicine 2.0

I did a second family medicine rotation - but this time it was at my home hospital in Sydney, Nova Scotia. This means experiencing medicine north of the border and spending some quality time at home.

Canadian medicine was everything I wanted it to be and more. My preceptor was focused on the overall wellness of her patients and their entire families. She went above and beyond for her patients. 

We did house calls which I didn't realize people still did in 2016. I loved doing them and I found it to be a very personal approach to medicine. They also 
have the benefit of decreased emergency department visits and admissions to the hospital.

The rotation definitely reinforced my interest in seeing the same patients again in follow up visits. I looked forward to appointments with patients I had seen before and I loved to hear how they were doing and working with them to figure out the best management for their conditions.

Coming home!!

Ryan and Hailie visit the east coast!



A good Nova Scotian feast

Happy birthday to me

Walks through the woods and bonfires

First photo is what half our pictures look like and the second photo is what I post to instragram lol

Out on house calls! 


Beautiful view from the office

Kim and Craig's Workshop



Final products!
Tray

Signs & Washer Toss Game
 

Coffee table

Brushes and Brews @ Breton Brewery


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border