Beautiful day for a getaway

Had the best 24 hour trip to St Barth's with a great group of girls. It was great to get off the island and clear my head. We did everything on our St. Barth's bucket list - had some great french food, went out for drinks, went bakery hopping, went to the beach, and looked through some shops.
 
The island is owned by France and it is the wealthiest island in the area. It is known as a popular spot for celebrities to vacation and is sometimes referred to as "The St. Tropez of the Caribbean." The walls of the restaurants were filled with pictures of famous people who had been there like Lady Gaga and Jessica Alba.
 
We went a little overboard on the pictures. Here are the highlights and possibly my biggest blog post yet...
 
On the ferry
And I didn't even puke!
 
Bye bye Saba!!
 
Rum punch in hand and Saba behind me
 
Sara and Saba and me
 
We got a little windblown
 
Stopped in St. Martin (french side) for a burger and fries
 
Arriving at St. Barth's!
 
Port in Gustavia
 
View from our hotel room at Le P'tit Morne
 
Pool at our hotel
 
Dusk in Gustavia
 
Glass of REAL champagne (from Champagne, France) 
I also had the choucroute for supper. yum.
 
Girls after supper at B4 restaurant
 
Fancy (expensive) drinks at Le Ti nightclub
 
Le Ti - great atmosphere and beautiful dancers
There were people at neighbouring tables popping bottles of champagne with fireworks
It was fun watching the rich people haha

 
 
TURTLE
The islands fill all my childhood dreams of owning various reptiles/amphibians
 
When in France...
We ate a lot of pastries and baguettes
I had 2 croissants and an eclaire chocolat
 
Best croissant I've ever had
 
Bev and her dessert
 
Nikki Beach
Apparently a lot of celebs have been here so we thought we would check it out
 
Beautiful beach

 
My summer home...
 




 


 
Had to have some frogs legs
I am laughing at Michelle's reaction already...
 
While out browsing shops in St. Jean...
 
Lobster bisque
 
Les profiteroles
 
Restaurant we had lunch at - Le Repaire

Our boat
 
 
Bye bye St. Barth's! :(

This picture (almost) captures how blue the water was

 

Comments

  1. Hahahahahahahaha frog legs. I had already said "ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww" before I read the part about me. Looks like you had a blast though and packed in a ton of stuff in a short period of time! Love you xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

U.S. Residency Application Advice

Graduation

Vacay north of the border